Boost Your Home’s Appraisal to Seal the Deal
Posted: November 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM by Kate Spears
Image via Stock.xchng
Your home appraisal is very important process and one of the deciding factors for a buyer when selling your East Tennessee home. In order to seal the deal, follow these five steps to ensure that your home appraisal comes out on top.
- Spruce up your home so that it passes a visual inspection with the appraiser. Marks on the wall, stained carpets, and more can all negatively affect your assessment.
- Focus on curb appeal. Mow the lawn, touch up your exterior paint job, etc.
- Keep a list of all the updates you have done on your home so that the appraiser has a full view of the home’s history.
- Find comps on your own. It is the appraiser’s job, but this is an important step for the homeowner, especially if a home was sold nearby without the help of a real estate agent (this means it was not listed on the MLS service that appraisers use to find comps).
- Keep track of positive changes in the neighborhood. Your home’s location matters, so emphasize the positive changes to the appraiser.